About SharingwithWriters Blog


Named to "Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites," this #SharingwithWriters blog is a way to connect with my readers and fellow writers, a way to give the teaching genes that populate my DNA free rein. Please join the conversation using the very tiny "comment" link. For those interested in editing and grammar, go to http://thefrugaleditor.blogspot.com.

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Fun and Free! Contest from Tales2Inspire!


Today, guest blogger Lois W. Stern is offering my visitors--both writers and readers--a fun free-to-enter contest.  It may be the first such contest I have ever offered on this blog (I have been doing this blog, for a long, long time and memory is short!)  The marketers among you may get some ideas you can adapt to your own promotions! 




Lois W. Stern, creator of the Tales2Inspire’Authors Helping Authors’ project/contest, invites readers to enter the NEW HONEY BEE AWARD contest.


As a child I was taught Hillel’s meaningful words:

If I’m not for myself, who will be for me? If I am only for myself, 
what am I? If not now, when?

I often think of the message behind those words, and lately, as an author and creator of Tales2Inspire, have been pondering how they might relate to us as authors.

I’ve come up with an idea to satisfy all three parts of Hillel’s creed, starting with, If I’m not for myself, who will be for me? Like all of us authors, I want reviews for my books. But then, in adherence with Hillel’s words, If I am only for myself, what am I?, I wanted to give those writing reviews some benefits as well, and just like Hillel, asked myself, If not now, when?


To this end, I have created a NO FEES, MONTHLY HONEY BEE AWARD CONTEST.
To satisfy Hillel’s words, If I’m not for myself, who will be for me?.I am asking you to write a review for ONE single story published in ANY of the Tales2Inspire books.Use the form at: http://tales2inspire.com/honey-bee-award/

Each month Carolyn Howard-Johnson will select a winning review. What’s the pay off for winners? In adherence with Hillel’s words, If I am only for myself, what am I?each monthly winner’s name, review and credits will be posted on CHJ’s The NewBookReview blog,and tweeted to herover thirty-six thousand Twitter followers. Furthermore each monthly winner will get a coupon for a FREE Tales2Inspiree-book of their choice. 

*** More goodies await you ***
Step it up a notch and get a permanent place on the Tales2InspireHoney Bee Hall of Fame.

Click on this link to watch this two minute video first. 


Write a review for any Tales2Inspirebook, post it on Amazon.com and get acoveted spot on our Honey Bee Hall of Fame page at:

where your headshot photo and name will appear, with a click through link to your choice of URL.

LIMITED TIME OFFER: As a thank you, Lois will send you a FREE Tales2Inspirebook of your choice (continental USA only). 

The Tales2Inspiremonthly newsletter is the perfect way to learn about free give-aways, Amazon countdown deals and much, much more. Sign up at www.tales2inspire.com/gift and get a sampler of six published stories for only $.99.


MORE ABOUT THE GUEST BLOGGER AND HER TALES2INSPIRE PROJECT

Lois W. Stern's Tales2Inspire was a kernel of an idea that started in 2012 and has grown to proportions even she didn’t dare to envision. Her innate curiosity about potentially fascinating human interest stories was the spark that ignited this idea. But it was the confused state of traditional publishing that propelled her forward. Tales2Inspire delivers exactly what it promises as both an ‘Authors Helping Authors’ project and a contest. Winners get their stories published in print, e-book and some even in video formats, with their names, headshot photos, and mini-autobiographies included. Then she spreads the word about the winners and their stories on her blogs, social media and monthly newsletter. FREE to enter, this is a great competition for talented newbies and seasoned authors alike. 


Learn more here:

Tales2Inspire websitehttp://www.tales2inspire.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tales2inspire2
LinkedIn profile: http://tinyurl.com/odtw2wt





MORE ABOUT THE BLOGGER

 Howard-Johnson is the multi award-wining author of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. She is also a marketing consultant, editor, and author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books for writers including the award-winning second editions of The Frugal Book Promoter and The Frugal Editor. Her latest is in the series is How to Get Great Book Reviews Frugally and Ethically. Learn more on her Amazon profile page, http://bit.ly/CarolynsAmznProfile. Great Little Last Minute Editing Tips for Writers is one of her booklets--perfect for inexpensive gift giving--and, another booklet, The Great First Impression Book Proposal helps writers who want to be traditionally published. She has three FRUGAL books for retailers including one she encourages authors to read because it will help them convince retailers to host their workshops, presentations, and signings. It is A Retailer’s Guide to Frugal In-Store Promotions: How To Increase Profits and Spit in the Eyes of Economic Downturns with Thrifty Events and Sales Techniques (http://bit.ly/RetailersGuide). In addition to this blog, she helps writers extend the exposure of their favorite reviews at TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com. She also blogs at all things editing--grammar, formatting and more--at The Frugal, Smart, and Tuned-In Editor (http://TheFrugalEditor.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on posts at #SharingwithWriters blog, a Writers Digest 101 Best Websites pick at
www.SharingWithWriters.blogspot.com. You might also find www.TheFrugalEditor.blogspot.com full of resources you can use and
www.TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a free review site will benefit your book or increase your reading pleasure.