The official GLAWS magazine Literary Landscapes is seeking submissions in short fiction, poetry, book excerpts, and articles for its next issue, due out by October. Thus, please submit your manuscripts no later than August 20th, 2013 for consideration in this upcoming volume.
- You must be a member in good standing to submit.
- Ideal word count should fall between 500 and 4,000 words.
- We accept all genres, but nothing too offensive, overtly political, religious, or tendentious, "hardcore" or "niche." Please bear in mind it should appeal to a broad audience.
- We also seek articles on some aspect of writing, publishing, editing, retail, or anything industry-related.
- Please submit material in standard manuscript format.
- We accept previously published content, as long as you own the rights to it.
Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of This Is the Place; Harkening: A Collection of Stories Remembered; Tracings, a chapbook of poetry; and how to books for writers including the award-winning second edition of, The Frugal Book Promoter: How to get nearly free publicity on your own or by partnering with your publisher; The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success; and Great Little Last Minute Editing Tips for Writers . The Great First Impression Book Proposal is her newest booklet for writers. She has three FRUGAL books for retailers including A Retailer’s Guide to Frugal In-Store Promotions: How To Increase Profits and Spit in the Eyes of Economic Downturns with Thrifty Events and Sales Techniques. Some of her other blogs are TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a blog where authors can recycle their favorite reviews. She also blogs at all things editing, grammar, formatting and more at The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor .