About SharingwithWriters Blog


Named to "Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites," this #SharingwithWriters blog is a way to connect with my readers and fellow writers, a way to give the teaching genes that populate my DNA free rein. Please join the conversation using the very tiny "comment" link. For those interested in editing and grammar, go to http://thefrugaleditor.blogspot.com.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Videos and Book Trailers--Reaching Thousands of Eyes

Subscriber to this blog have known me to say that I love videos for reaching the largest number of people in the most memorable way possible. You probably--if you've been subscribed for some time--also heard me caution you against poorly produced or feebly conceptualized book trailers. There are just so many of them out there including one of mine. And once they are out there, there is little you can do about retrieving them all on the big, humongous Web.

For those reasons, I advised that even fiction writers use videos of themselves talking about their books rather than trailers. Well, I finally found someone I can recommend for trailers. Ta da!

He is Reno Lovison. His prices are reasonable and because he has a strong background in marketing and as an author, he gets it. You'll find him at

http://www.authorsbroadcast.com/titles/frugalpromo.htm.

I found Reno even has a background in retailing (which is one reason I figured it was worth trusting him with a video promo for my new A Retailer’s Guide to Frugal In-Store Promotions: How To Increase Profits and Spit in the Eyes of Economic Downturns with Thrifty Events and Sales Techniques (www.budurl.com/RetailerersGuide).) It's brand new and you are the first to see it on my site where I just installed it. To see it as a sample go to:

http://www.carolynhowardjohnson.redenginepress.com/frugal_in-store_promotions.htm

You should also know that it is his gorgeous voice doing the voiceover. Even my husband, a voiceover professional, thinks he is pretty amazing. Here is his contact information, too. Check out his prices and see what you think:

Reno Lovison Marketing, 5250 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640, (773)989-1960), reno@renoweb.net, www.renoweb.net

-----
Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of This Is the Place; Harkening: A Collection of Stories Remembered; Tracings, a chapbook of poetry; and two how to books for writers, The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't and The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success. Her FRUGAL book for retailers is A Retailer’s Guide to Frugal In-Store Promotions: How To Increase Profits and Spit in the Eyes of Economic Downturns with Thrifty Events and Sales Techniques. She is also the author of the Amazon Short, "The Great First Impression Book Proposal". Some of her other blogs are TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a blog where authors can recycle their favorite reviews. She also blogs at all things editing, grammar, formatting and more at The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pleased with the quality of my book trailer, so no wishing I could take it down!
    Would love ideas where else to place it though. It's up on my site, my blog, YouTube, and RedRoom, but would like more exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, if you belong to any Ning groups, they're good places. Also Facebook. And you could even use some of the Twitter aps that allow it. However, the big secret to trailers and other videos is in advertsing that you have them, encouraging people to go listen--maybe with a little teaser. Example: On the one on this blog, I give the top thing an author can do to market his or her book. Now, doesn't that make you want to watch it clear through? LOL.

    Best,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this excellent resource, Carolyn. I'm very happy with my first book trailer, but may seek him out for my 2nd one. His prices are very reasonable... and yes, his voice is very lovely to listen to.
    Thank you for always providing such excellent information!

    Barbara Techel
    Author of Frankie, the Walk 'N Roll Dog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on posts at #SharingwithWriters blog, a Writers Digest 101 Best Websites pick at
www.SharingWithWriters.blogspot.com. You might also find www.TheFrugalEditor.blogspot.com full of resources you can use and
www.TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a free review site will benefit your book or increase your reading pleasure.