About SharingwithWriters Blog


Named to "Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites," this #SharingwithWriters blog is a way to connect with my readers and fellow writers, a way to give the teaching genes that populate my DNA free rein. Please join the conversation using the very tiny "comment" link. For those interested in editing and grammar, go to http://thefrugaleditor.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Action Adventure Novelist Provides Video Resources for Writers

I don't usually blog about it when I am a guest blogger for someone else. Partially because I do it so frequently that my blog visitors would get bored. But novelist Tony Eldridge has developed so many ways to help authors with their promotion (and good reading, too!) that I thought I'd let him tell you about it himself. In the meantime, I am a guest blogger for his Marketing Tips for Authors blog (http://marketingtipsforauthors.blogspot.com/) where he sets every Tuesday aside for a guest. Of course, if you query him, that guest might be YOU! My article was posted yesterday. And here is a little about Tony and his services:



I am the author of the action/adventure novel, The Samson Effect. Two items I am particularly proud of securing are 1) and endorsement from Clive Cussler and 2) I sold the film rights to a major Hollywood producer.

I have also developed a passion for helping authors find low cost/no cost ways to market their books. Before I published The Samson Effect, I was the Marketing Director for an Internet company that sold training videos online. A big part of my job was finding low cost ways to promote our products.

I took that knowledge and applied it to my book. Soon, other writers began asking me to give them advice on what they could do to market their books. That led to speaking appearances in the Dallas-Fort Worth area specifically on marketing for authors. In fact, I conducted a workshop on the subject recently for the Writer’s Guild of Texas .

This has led to my daily blog where Carolyn is guest blogging on and about two weeks ago, I rolled out a free newsletter where subscribers will be e-mailed at least 1 free Video Marketing Tip every Monday. I also created a new website at http://www.marketingtipsforauthors.com which is open to the public. My vision for it is to corral all my marketing tips resources into one place and create a directory that scours the Internet for marketing tips from around the world. Visitors can even see a sample video tip on my website before they join the free newsletter.

Tony Eldridge

http://www.marketingtipsforauthors.com

Author of The Samson Effect, soon to be a motion picture, Editor's Choice, Publisher's Choice, and Reader's Choice Action/Adventure novel, The Samson Effect. The Samson Effect is a “first class thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure.” -Clive Cussler

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,


-----
Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of This Is the Place; Harkening: A Collection of Stories Remembered; Tracings, a chapbook of poetry; and two how to books, The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't and The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success. She is also the author of the Amazon Short, "The Great First Impression Book Proposal". Some of her other blogs are TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a blog where authors can recycle their favorite reviews. She also blogs at all things editing, grammar, formatting and more at The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor blog.

3 comments:

  1. And I saw you on Tony's site yesterday!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. And found Tony's site very helpful. I do plan to sign up for the video newsletter because I am looking into podcasting and videos now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, Tony is good about answering questions. Now to slot some time to learn all about video marketing. My list keeps GROWING.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on posts at #SharingwithWriters blog, a Writers Digest 101 Best Websites pick at
www.SharingWithWriters.blogspot.com. You might also find www.TheFrugalEditor.blogspot.com full of resources you can use and
www.TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a free review site will benefit your book or increase your reading pleasure.