About SharingwithWriters Blog


Named to "Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites," this #SharingwithWriters blog is a way to connect with my readers and fellow writers, a way to give the teaching genes that populate my DNA free rein. Please join the conversation using the very tiny "comment" link. For those interested in editing and grammar, go to http://thefrugaleditor.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Authors Den To Offer New Benefits to Stable of Author Perks

One of the tools I've long used to promote is the AuthorsDen.com community of writers. I use their gold membership to send out my newsletters but they also have a truly FRUGAL membership level (-: and now they're adding something exciting and new. But I'll let my AuthorsDen friend, Matt Miller tell you about it:

In a matter of days AuthorsDen.com will be launching the AuthorsDen Marketplace.

The idea is for us to be a conduit to provide jobs to authors and community professionals and to offer fellow authors practical community support and help in needed areas.

Services will be provided by third parties, not authorsden directly
opening more doors of opportunity to members of AuthorsDen.

In the meantime, join. This Web site is a great beginners site for authors. Many authors use it throughout their writing careers. I have another site because I need to offer lots of Resources for Writers, but I continue to use AuthorsDen for all the other benefits it offers and as a backup when servers are down, etc. AuthorDen is a promotion workhouse and reliable!


-----
Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of This Is the Place; Harkening: A Collection of Stories Remembered; Tracings, a chapbook of poetry; and two how to books for writers, The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't and The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success. Her FRUGAL book for retailers is A Retailer’s Guide to Frugal In-Store Promotions: How To Increase Profits and Spit in the Eyes of Economic Downturns with Thrifty Events and Sales Techniques. She is also the author of the Amazon Short, "The Great First Impression Book Proposal". Some of her other blogs are TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a blog where authors can recycle their favorite reviews. She also blogs at all things editing, grammar, formatting and more at The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor .

If your followers at Twitter would benefit from this blog post, please use the little Green widget to let them know about it:

5 comments:

  1. I'm on Author's Den, but not with a paid membership. Too many other sites for me to maintain at the moment!

    Saw your message on my blog - will get back to you later this week. Kinda crazy at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a long-time Author's Den member and also used the paid service for my ezine emailing. For those of you who have to move from one list to another, Author's Den is a good place to do because they require all your readers to opt-in again. They take your word for it that you already got permission. Which is a nice thing! When I had to switch after making changes, I couldn't find anyone that would take my list without requiring everyone opt-in in again. :)

    I will check out the new offerings. Although, like Diana...I do find it hard to keep up with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I meant to say..."They don't require all your readers to opt-in again."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a member of Authorden, but not with a paid membership. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bo Drury3:10 PM

    I am a paid member of AuthorsDen and check it almost daily. I am always excited to see how many visitors have dropped by and see the reviews etc, It is a great place to be a member, Can't wait to see the new programs they are offering. I think it is the best site offered to have folks see your work. Thousands have visited my site there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on posts at #SharingwithWriters blog, a Writers Digest 101 Best Websites pick at
www.SharingWithWriters.blogspot.com. You might also find www.TheFrugalEditor.blogspot.com full of resources you can use and
www.TheNewBookReview.blogspot.com, a free review site will benefit your book or increase your reading pleasure.